Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Grilled Mini Sweet Peppers with Garlic Marinade



It is hard to believe but my husband managed to delete whole post that I was working on, so that is one of the reasons why I am so behind with new recipes on my blog. Other reason is terrible flood in Serbia, my home country. It happened a month ago, and the town that was hit the worst is very close to where my family lives. That town, where I used to go to high school, looked like a large lake. I was so absorbed with the disaster that I couldn't do anything else except watch news and FB statuses of my friends who suffered from the flood, all day long.




Then, my son is off his school for the summer break which means I have to watch two small and very active kids all summer. Also, I have started jogging again, in the evenings after my daughter goes to sleep, that is my window of opportunity. After running, I have to water my little garden too. So my days, short as they are, are even shorter now.

Weekends became my favorite part of the week. At least I have my husband to help me out with the kids. On weekends we like to grill.  One week we make seafood, the next one pork or beef.
.



When I saw these mini sweet peppers in the supermarket I knew that I would put them on the grill. I loved their colors and I wanted them to be on skewers just for fun. Peppers and garlic go so well together. I recalled that Roasted Cubanella Peppers Salad with Garlic Dressing, I planned to create something similar to that. So I used the same ingredients for marinade and later for dressing. Grilled peppers with garlic were excellent choice, they went well with roasted pork meat and they looked colorful and fun on our plates. 




You need:

2lb mini sweet peppers

For marinade:

5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
5 tablespoons of chopped chives
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons of white vinegar
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste



Steps:

Wash and rinse peppers. Make marinade mixing garlic, chives, olive oil, vinegar, salt and black pepper. Toss peppers in the marinade until they are evenly covered.

Place the peppers onto thin skewers, next time I will use two parallel skewers instead of one, it is easier to handle them. Save marinade leftover to use it as dressing later on.

Grill the peppers on both sides for few minutes until they get dark grill marks.

When they are done, serve them right away with garlic dressing poured over skewers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...