In my family, every time we had fish to eat it was always served with potato salad with onion. To be honest we didn’t have fish so often on our table, but anyways it was not one of the most exciting salads that I ever ate. The lack of fish in my diet is due to the fact that we lived far away from a shore, and now, fortunately, water is just a few feet from my home.
Since I started to cook I completely neglected that rather plain and unimpressive salad. However, one day I wanted to taste that old and familiar dish for some reason... but I added more stuff to make it more exciting.
Instead of using regular onion I tried scallions. That is my favorite one besides shallots and garlic. It gives a nice fresh taste and the food looks better with green parts. I am lucky to have them in the grocery stores all year round and I use them almost every time when the recipe asks for onion.
Also, I added a few spices such as rosemary, thyme, parsley and fresh black pepper. But, what really made the difference was the baked crispy bacon just like in Cobb salad.
- 2 lb (1 kg) boiled potato with skin
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1 spring of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 springs of fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 springs of parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 8 slices of smoked bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Before you put slices of bacon in the oven place them on a rack that is put on a baking pan. That way you will get rid of excess fat from the bacon and it will become crispy. It will take around 20 minutes to be done. When the bacon is cool crumble it.
- Peel the skin from the boiled potatoes and slice them.
- Slice the scallions and chop the spices.
- Make the dressing by mixing the oil, vinegar, salt, fresh black pepper and spices.
- Mix everything together.
- Add crumbled bacon on the top.
odlicno, jako mi se svidja kako si napravila ovu salatu! nisam dugo jela krompir salatu, sad mi se bas jede :)ReplyDelete
This was good indeed... no leftovers!ReplyDelete
And I almost forgot - Happy Anniversary! This is kind of private, you can delete this one...ReplyDelete
@RL Thanks, dear!ReplyDelete
Jako volim krumpir salatu i često radim ovakve verzije..ReplyDelete
najdraža mi je topla krumpir salata sa jogurtom (koji natopi onako topao krumpir) i preprženom slaninom.
Nije losa ideja, topao krompir i jogurt...Delete