Recept na srpskom
This was a top-notch dessert of my childhood. Elegant, creamy, harmonious in flavor and texture. What else to say about this gorgeous pastry. Although this dessert looks very complicate, it is rather easy to make, if you carefully follow steps below. Catch is to make perfect dough balls, risen and crispy. So, please do not miss any details from my recipe.
- 6 large eggs
- 10 1/2 tbs (150g) butter
- 1 1/5 cup (150g) bread flour
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bags of Jell-O vanilla cook and serve pudding (no instant pudding)
- Preheat the oven to 430F (220C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the butter in the pan and add water. Bring it to boil and add flour while stirring. Remove it from the heat before it becomes brown.
- Beat 6 egg yolks and 6 egg whites separately.
- Mix everything together (eggs and dough) with wooden spoon.
- Make about 40 dough balls (1 tablespoon size) and put them on the baking sheet using spoon or pastry bag. You need 1 large baking sheets, or 2 smaller ones. You should make some space between balls since they will rise in the oven.
- Bake the balls on 430F (220C) for 7 min, then reduce temperature to 400F (200C) and bake for another 13 min. Balls are done when they are golden brown and "airy" in the center.
- Cut the balls in half when they are cooled down.
- Make the cream filling: mix 6 eggs with sugar, pudding and 1/2 cup of milk. When the rest of milk (3 and 1/2 cups) starts to boil add the previous mixture stirring constantly on low heat. When cream is tick enough remove it from the heat. You should chill it in refrigerator.
- Fill balls with cooled cream using pastry bag. Caps go on the top.
- Sprinkle the puffs with the powdered sugar.