Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Meze, Christmas Feast

Meze is my favorite part of any holiday dinner, then dessert and coffee part... We made Christmas dinner for our friends few days ago and my husband helped me making meze. I just love how he was creative with  decoration. Also, he found really great stuff for meze, most of it made in Europe. I don't have to tell you how challenging is to buy that stuff in the area where I live. Anyway, everything was delicious and I enjoyed it as much as, I hope, our friends.


In case you don't know, meze is an appetizer with a bunch of stuff  popular in the Balkans and the Middle East.


In our meze, we served pickles, cheese, olives, cherry tomatoes, smoked dried beef*, capers, pork pate, ajvar*, pindjur*, bread. You can add some phyllo dough pastry, hummus, baba ganoush, roasted peppers, etc.


Check out my pictures and few product recommendations for meze.

*smoked dried beef - more info and where you can buy it here

*ajvar - spread made of roasted red pepper and eggplant, more about it here

*pindjur - similar to ajvar but has more eggplant, more about it here





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...